Sunday, April 17, 2016

MY BFF (Best Friend Forever)

I couldn't believe the time has come...there was no sign of labor pain in mom's face. She just came from the market with plenty of goods. We are in an eatery store that time and I cannot imagine mom on her due date carrying a big basket of food and cluster of  bananas which she'll make into "Saging con hielo" or sweetened plantain with ice. This time all she did was put all her baggage down and headed on to dress up, carry her bag of baby's needs and off she went to the hospital together with a friend. Still I keep on wondering if she is really about to deliver her baby because i found no trace of labor pain on her face. But she was right...you came into this beautiful world on a sun-shiny Friday, April 17, 1970.

I was thirteen years old when you were born. And having four brothers for a long time makes me so grateful and excited that now I have a baby sister. Everybody says you are so beautiful...you have these big bright eyes and a pointed nose that looks like that of dad. You always wear this wonderful smile that you carry wherever you go that is why everyone is so fond of you. I too took that privilege of being proud of you...whatever extra curricular activities you're in, I was also there. We became close friends when you grew up. This time, I would always take you with me wherever I go. We always share things and we enjoy each others' company. In all the significant moments of our lives...you are always there for me, I am always there for you. We have our joyful...sorrowful and glorious moments together!

We may be oceans apart now but i feel as if you are always here beside me. Thank you! thank you! thank you! I couldn't imagine a life without a sister and a best friend like you...Happy Birthday and may all your heart's desire be done into your life through God's wonderful grace. I love you my Best Friend Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment