Thursday, December 10, 2009

HEAVY LOADS

Photo courtesy of http://www.journeyswiththemessiah.org
"Come to me, all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give  you rest.  Take my yoke and put it on you, and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit; and you will find rest.  For the yoke I will give you is easy, and the load I will put on you is light," (Mathew 11:28-30) 
Each and everyone attending the mass can relate to this more so when the Priest told the whole parishioner that he himself is sometimes having this feeling of tiredness and boredom of his day to day concerns. I felt this voice inside me that I can also surrender my concerns to HIM...to our GRACIOUS FATHER.  I wanted to cry out loud...I can imagine myself sitting beside HIM...crying on HIS lap like a confused and frightened child...I wanted to pour out this heaviness in my heart...I wanted to just cry and feel HIS presence...HIS loving embrace...HIS infinite LOVE...What a feeling!!!  This is what I appreciate most in going to church...although there are hundreds of you there sitting and hearing the mass...you have this feeling that the GRACIOUS  FATHER is talking personally to you...you feel you are communing with HIM...its awesome , indescribable ...you have this overwhelming feeling of joy and contentment that HE is there in your heart, within you and that you are ready to face everything without fear because you are armed and braced with HIS words and HIS INFINITE LOVE!!!  " The mass has ended ,let us go in peace...in the name of THE FATHER, THE SON,THE HOLY SPIRIT. AMEN."  My daughter held my hand and together we walked out of the church. I am still with tears...the heavy loads are gone. What I have now are tears of joy...yes the problems and other concerns were still there but I believe I can face all of them because OUR GRACIOUS FATHER will never leave me !!! GOD LOVES ME !!!

1 comment:

  1. To Roda Alfaro: The Journeys with the Messiah image, "Lighten the Load" posted above is protected by the U.S. Copyright laws and really shouldn't be used without written consent. Though those rules are seldom followed for non-commercial purposes like blogs, we do appreciate bloggers providing credit and a link to our website, where all 45 images from the Journeys with the Messiah collection can be seen. Thanks, Michael Belk, www.TheJourneysProject.com

    ReplyDelete